Local Take is the Castro store where hundreds of Bay Area designers and artists gain recognition and sell their work. We’re growing and looking for an experienced, outgoing, responsible and all-around fantastic person to manage the store and lead up new retail projects. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about growing a local business and passionate about local art and design.
- Provide a warm, welcoming environment for customers
- Understand and communicate our philosophy of supporting local artists and designers
- Manage and motivate a staff of 2-3 people
- Be responsible for daily store operations, including staffing schedules, supplies, and inventory
- Develop and maintain relationships with artists and designers
- Maintain an impeccable and attractive store environment
Once the basics are covered, you will have the potential to take on more responsibility and grow with our company. Possible additional projects include:
- Online sales
- Visual merchandising
- Art curation
- Product buying
- At least 2 years in a retail customer-facing role
- At least 2 years in a supervisory position
- Excellent leadership and people skills
- An ability to think on your feet and make product suggestions
- A passion for local art and design
Hours and compensation:
Position will begin as an hourly, part-time position between 20-30 hours per week and the wage will be commensurate with experience. The position will ideally grow into a full-time position. We can offer a growing benefit plan that will be discussed during interview.
Ability to work at least one weekend day, as well as select evenings when events are scheduled is required.
To apply for this job, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can start getting to know you.